Rangam SourceAbled in partnership with our client Pfizer, one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, is seeking talent for a full-time Direct Hiret opportunity as a Cell-Based QC Scientist l.
Candidates with autism, neurodivergence and/or disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
The qualified candidate will provide support for analytical method testing in a cGMP quality control analytical (QCA) laboratory.? This includes analytical testing support for multiple products including plasmid DNA, vaccines, mAbs, and proteins. The testing includes various techniques including Cell Culture, Bioassay, UV spectrophotometry, and ELISA methods. This position requires working collaboratively with the QCA team and actively participating in scheduling, visual management, metrics, and continuous improvement activities.
What You Will Achieve
You will be a member of Pfizer’s dedicated and highly effective quality assurance and control team. You will be responsible for analyzing chemical, biological or microbiological products to support our quality programs. Your contribution to environmental testing, utility monitoring, analytical testing, microbial identification and sterility testing will help Pfizer provide safe drugs to patients. Your understanding of Quality Control instruments will help us meet their accuracy specifications against established standards. You will also be relied on for setting requirements for the transfer of methodology from R&D.
As an Associate scientist, your strong foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of the discipline will help us achieve our goals. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
The successful candidate will support bioanalytical routine testing in a cGMP quality control analytical (QCA) laboratory. The testing utilizes various cell-based techniques including flow cytometry and plate-based bioassay. The candidate will also be expected to support other QCA business activities, as needed.
How You Will Achieve It
- Perform bioassay testing in support of customer plan of record
- Identify basic technical issues, atypical or out-of-specifications test results, instrument malfunctions and perform method troubleshooting
- Maintain all related data and records in compliance with cGMPs and quality procedures
- Perform laboratory support functions and maintain work area in compliance with cGMP and quality procedures.
- Participate in investigations for root cause analysis, resolution and correction
- Support installation and/or sustainability of Integrated Manufacturing Excellence (IMEx) elements within the group.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture within the group using continuous improvement tools
- B.S./B.A. in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- 0-2 years of related laboratory experience.
- Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Office applications, Excel, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to adapt to rapidly changing project priorities.
- Preferred laboratory experience with cellular assays includes flow cytometry, bioassay, aseptic technique and ELISA.
- Prior experience with cell culture transfection
- Experience working in QC testing laboratory in GMP environment in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with electronic laboratory information management systems such as LIMS
Normal lifting, sitting, standing, and walking requirements to facilitate testing in a laboratory environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Position is first shift Monday through Friday. Some off hour (night/weekend/holiday) support may be required to support staff and operations.
Last Date to Apply: September 28 2022.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
To find out more about Rangam, SourceAbled, and this role, click the apply button.